Glossary of Terms¶
Nothing more than some common vocabulary for you to absorb.
- swagger api-docs (often swagger api)
- The preferred term for the resource listing and associated api declarations. This is so-named to avoid confusion with the Swagger Specification and the actual implementation of your service.
- resource listing
- The top-level declaration of the various Swagger resources your service exposes. Each resource must have an associated api declaration.
- api declaration
- The description of each endpoint a particular Swagger service provides, with complete input and output declared.
- swagger spec
- The formal specification of a valid swagger api. The current public version is 2.0 and hosted on wordnik’s Github.